September 23, 2011

A Friday Link

Hello my friends!  I think Friday is a good day to share links.  Because now, you have all weekend to go off and enjoy it.  Today it is a show.  I think you all will really like it, it is a fascinating glimpse into Victorian farm life.


I discovered this link from the Sense and Sensibility forum.  It was a television series produced in the UK in 2009.  I love how it is done by people genuinely interested in history.  This isn't one of those lets-throw-them-out-of-their-comfort-zone-and-see-how-much-drama-we-can-get kind of shows.  

Enjoy!

p.s. see the snazzy new widget on the sidebar that shows what I'm working on?  That's to keep me accountable and make sure I actually finish my work!


2 comments:

SisterlyLove said...

Thank you for the link! I'm so excited to watch this.

Ooh, can't wait to see the finished trail dress! Are you making it for yourself?

Genevieve

Adelheide said...

No, the dress is for a lady at the museum. Someday I will make one for myself :)

I have always wanted to go on one of those tours where they travel the Oregon trail by wagon, experiencing trail life as is was in the 40s. Have you ever heard of those? I wonder where I could find one...and how much it would cost... Maybe an adventure for next summer?!