August 18, 2011

A Reintroduction

I'm back!  Hello to my old friends, hello to new ones.

Six months have passed since I needed a break from the internet world, and a lot has happened:

In December I completed a Senior capstone project, designing clothing for women who have undergone mastectomies and need clothing suited to prosthesis.

In January, February and March, I designed and constructed a line of clothing that was showcased in the school fashion show.

In April I graduated!

In May I moved 5 states away to do a costuming internship.

In June, and July, I constructed 70 garments for the museum, helped with historic demonstrations, and learned a little bit about collections work.

Now it's August.  I'm enjoying the sun, doing some interesting projects, and looking forward to reconnecting with Garret Corner readers once again.  

So, I am really back.  The Garret Corner is inhabited once again.
Cheers!
Heidi

5 comments:

SisterlyLove said...

Hi!! I'm so glad you're back! It was so fun to spend time with you last week! I hope you enjoy the rest of August!
xo
Marguerite

SisterlyLove said...

Yay!

Genevieve

Jeanettec said...

Welcome back. I recently found your site and was sad that you had departed. I'm SO glad you're back.

Adelheide said...

Thanks Jeanettec! It's good to hear from you.

~Heidi

Stacey said...

So glad you've returned!