November 05, 2010

Here, There, Everywhere.

 I found this picture the other day and I think it is so lovely. Although, now that I live in a rainy climate, the rain isn't such a novel thing anymore.  Its just cold and wet.

It is November already.  The schoolwork never lets up.  I am working on a project for a clothing company that designs for women who are recovering from, or have had, breast cancer.  Above is a simple pair of shorts I made as the prototype for a pajama set.  The tops are more complicated and are still in progress. 
Something to look forward to is a Seven Brides for Seven Brothers ball in March!  I've started draping my dress.  I think that over Christmas break I'll spend some time sewing for me again.  It's been a long time since I've been able to do that. 

This was a random post.
Thanks for reading.
Heidi.

2 comments:

SisterlyLove said...

I love random posts! Can't wait to see your dress! :) I've always wanted to make one of those quilt skirts.

Love,
Genevieve

Kathleen S. said...

Yes yes yes yes YES!!!!! Seven Brides for Seven Brothers is a loooovely theme for a ball...

Can hardly wait to see your dress! It's so much fun to make something you don't have to give away... *sigh*

Your dirndle is simply gorgeous! I adore the multiple rows of gathering...so sweet! And the Eidlewiess pin was such a cute touch!