October 01, 2010

Cream 1880s Gown


 
Here is the final gown I made this summer.  It was for Rendezvous, the big event I worked on last summer as well.  Unfortunately I was not able to attend the event, due to a funeral, or else I would have had to make a new dress for myself as well.  It is imperative to have a new dress for every fancy occasion, is it not?
This dress was also inspired by a picture.  The museum has decided that most of its garments will be done that way from here on out.  It makes it fun for me since the piece really comes to life.   This was made from a gorgeous silk damask, with burgundy velvet accents.  The back is worn over a full tea tray bustle, but without an overskirt. 

2 comments:

SisterlyLove said...

That is SO gorgeous! I just love the lace down the sides of the bodice. Oh yes, a new dress for every occasion. :)

Genevieve

SisterlyLove said...

Gen always says what I was going to say before me! ugh! =]
This dress IS gorgeous! We've been watching Larkrise to Candleford and so Im all about 1880s and 1890s right now. =]
Well done!
Margo