July 27, 2010

Linen Frockcoat

Here is a linen frockcoat that I just finished. It is a light gray/brownish color, hard to describe. It doesn't photograph well because, even though the picture below makes it look like a long trench coat, it actually has a well defined waist seam. We'll blame it on the hanger.
This was the pattern I used, and it worked very well. The instructions were very confusing though, and I wouldn't recommend them. Also, the guy this is made for is very tall so I had to alter the length of all the pieces.
We changed it to single breasted for variety. No one likes to go to an event and look exactly like everyone else. In the back view you can just barely see the back vent and side pleats.And just for fun, some candy stripe linen as lining. The buttonholes will be hand done by the proud new owner, as well as topstiching and other final details.

3 comments:

SisterlyLove said...

I love it! It's so elegant and manly. I love the lining.

Genevieve

SisterlyLove said...

Ooh! So nice! Makes me think of Mr. Bingley. I especially love the striped lining! It's sneaky!
-Marguerite

SisterlyLove said...

hee hee! how wonderful!
I wanted you to see this. hee hee!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2PM0om2El8&feature=player_embedded
I hope you like it!
Aimee