May 22, 2010

Hello

I am here. I know it's been awhile, but the break was nice.

After school ended I went into a hibernation of sorts. I caught up with family, rested, unpacked, and got back to work sewing for friends and clients.

Lately I've been doing a lot of underthings. As any good seamstress will tell you, the most important part of historic costumes are the underthings. However, linen shirts, cotton shifts, and petticoats of all shapes and sizes are not the most interesting things to photograph.

Soon I will share pictures of the new gown I am working on. "Mrs. Blair" a rancher's wife from 1880 is paying a visit back east, and was in need of a new traveling gown. It will be a lovely wine colored wool with velvet accents.

Until then, cheers and happy sewing!
~Adelheide

2 comments:

SisterlyLove said...

Welcome home friend! Let us know when you want to get together. Picnic? Sewing? Movie? Or just whatever... :)

Your project sounds gorgeous! Can't wait to see it.

Genevieve

Adelheide said...

Ooohh, all of the above sound wonderful! Now if only it would stop raining! I just bought The Young Victoria :) we could do a movie/sewing thing?

~Heidi