March 09, 2010

Finished Dirndl

My Dirndl is done! It's been in the making for over a year, but with this inspiration, and several sewing days with a good friend, it finally came together. And yes... it does make me look 12 :)
I started with the Burda 4884, and only modified the front pieces. Someday I will probably rework the white blouse because I do not really like the look of huge puffed sleeves. The fabric I used was actually not denim, although I know it looks like that in the pictures. It was a very lightweight cotton, with a loose, very slubby weave. It is almost see through, but I'm wearing a white petticoat underneath. I am sorry that I don't know the exact name of the fabric, but I got it from my Grandmother. I still need to make the apron, and then who knows where I'll wear it... maybe an Oktoberfest dance?

3 comments:

Frizz said...

Your dirndl is so cute! I've always wanted to try the Burda pattern. I bought a dirndl from Germany, on ebay a few years ago and have only worn it once or twice. Sad, because I do really like it.

The Fox Foodie said...

Oh my goodness! Heidi that is precious! And it looks so cute on you! LOVE IT! (PS. I totally gave a report on Germany today and was wishing I had a dress just like that to wear! haha)

www.timothydeanmills.com said...

What fun!

--Tim
www.timothydeanmills.com