March 31, 2010

An easy project - Portfolio

Inspiration was in short supply for my blog this week. School is getting harder, and life is getting busier. However, because I like a diversion, I will leave you with one of my old, old projects.
It's a little art portfolio, made for a friend's birthday out of some of my favorite fabric.
It was made from Amy Butler's free pattern here. Very simple to sew up, and I used two pieces of cardboard for the cover. Back when I first made it I planned on making one for myself eventually, but that has obviously not happened yet.
The contrasting fabric was actually much more purple in person and matched some of the pansies. For some reason it photographed strangely.

2 comments:

SisterlyLove said...

So lovely! It reminds me of Jo's portfolio in Little Women. :)

Genevieve

The Fox Foodie said...

Oh it's absolutely beautiful! Great work Heidi!