January 22, 2010

Dirndl Inspiration

Today I spent the morning with a dear friend of mine sewing German Dirndls. We have been talking about making them for months, so we finally we decided to just go ahead and start. Yesterday I spent some time searching for inspiration, and came up with a large number of wonderful pictures.

First of course, I looked at the Sound of Music. Maria's dresses are truly lovely.

Here are the current von Trapp family singers wearing German Dirndls for their performance.
This one I found up for sale on the German version of Ebay. It would probably be saved for special occasions.
Here's another one from www.ebay.de. Disregarding the unflattering pose, I love the bodice front with the lacing. Here are sweet matching dresses that look easy to make.



As for the accessories, I love the Edelweiss necklaces,

And these amazing stockings!
And how could I not resist sharing these adorable pictures of the children!

5 comments:

SisterlyLove said...

Oh! I love those! Especially the orange one. Pretty! :)
I can't wait to see what you make.
Genevieve

mlaiuppa said...

Where did you find those socks! I'd love to go the the original site where you found that pictures.

Thanks

Adelheide said...

I found them in a google image search, but looking again, I found that they are actually a knitting pattern from this site, http://shop.strato.com/epages/61452880.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/61452880/Products/SP08

If only I had that knitting skill!

~Adelheide

Qoreader said...

Hi there.
Could i take some of pictures for my college students?

thanks for the response.

Adelheide said...

None of these images were taken by me and I don't claim ownership of any of them.

Thank you.