November 29, 2009

My Grandma

Last week my Grandma died unexpectedly. It was a shock to my family, but we are doing well now. Thankfully I could leave school for a time, and my Mom and I drove together to her house in Northern Washington. We spent the weekend cleaning out her house and looking through old pictures and albums. I came across this newspaper ad she was in and it was too cute not to share. Unfortunately the quality isn't the greatest, but you can still see my young cheery Grandmother and my Mom's oldest brother.

MOTHER Mrs. Norma Peoples, a typical Bellevue housewife, starts her day early. Here, Mrs. Peoples helps son, Dean, get ready for school. A last minute check makes sure everything is all right and now it's time to start the housework.

NEIGHBOR After the morning's work, Mrs. Peoples telephoned her neighbor, Mrs. Selma Otis, to join her in a coffee break. The telephone keeps Mrs. Peoples in touch with her friends and does dozens of little chores for her every day.

BUYER This is only one of the many positions held by Mrs. Peoples. And her phone is a big help. Whether it's a call to arrange a trip downtown or order refreshments for an evening's entertainment, her phone is ready to run her errands.

HOMEMAKER Gleaming tableware and a happy smile mark the closing hours of a busy day. Whatever her day includes, Mrs. Peoples finds that her telephone makes the day a little easier because...it does so much and costs so little.

2 comments:

Elinor Dashwood said...

I am so sorry to hear about your grandmother passing away. :-( I know how hard that can be as I lost my grandmother a couple years ago. Praying for you...

Thank you for the newspaper ad; that was neat! :-D

SisterlyLove said...

awe! that is very sweet! i sorry to hear about your grandmother though.. my grandmother passed away this year also.
i miss you Heidi!
aimee