September 16, 2009

Walker Tote

Christmas season is coming up, and I wanted to share this project with you. It is a bag that buttons around the bars on a walker, and holds all the important items. This would make a great gift for a grandparent or elderly friend.

I don't have the link to the tutorial I used, but here are some good instructions.

This bag was a gift for my Grandmother last year, but the first walker tote I made was for a 4H sewing competition. For some reason, when I heard that I had to sew a "walker tote" I immediately thought that it was a bag to hang on a stroller. Apparently my crazy mind confused a walker with a stroller?!?! Anyways, with the mindset that I was going to make something for a stroller I chose bright Finding Nemo, and contrasting neon orange fabric. It wasn't until later that I finally realized what I was really sewing. Hopefully someone at the retirement center will enjoy a crazy tote to carry their newspaper around in!

No comments: