August 07, 2009

A Lesson

It has come to my attention that the name I use on my blog may be unfamiliar to many of my readers.

In real life I get many strange pronunciations of my name, the most common being "Adele-Heidi." Because I don't want you sitting at home reading my blog and silently pronouncing my name wrong I am going to give you a lesson in how to say it correctly.

The first syllable, Adel, is pronounced like "paddle" without the "A."

The second syllable, heide, is pronounced like the verb "hide."

Put them together and you have the correct pronunciation of my name, "addle-hide," "Adelheide."

I hope this helps!

2 comments:

Elinor Dashwood said...

I had to smile at this post. I had been pronouncing your name right in my head (Yay!) but it reminded me of how people always get my name wrong. My name is MELANIE but am often called Melody, or people spell my name in all sorts of strange ways-- Meloni, Melany, etc. So we both have people confused about our names in one way or another. :-)

Adelheide said...

Wow, I'm amazed that people can even get Melanie wrong. It's frustrating, but I suppose it's not the end of the world. :D