June 08, 2009

Hats--Part Two

...I think you'll like this one!


It's not exactly a hat I would put on my head--the inside is still unfinished and would stick.
I used wire to create the shape I wanted then covered the wire with duct tape. The ribbon is just for looks of course.

I used this duct tape hat to create the pattern for my regency bonnet. Unable to think of a way to draft the curved brim I needed, I finally decided to first make it in 3-d, and then drape interfacing over it to create my brim piece.

But of course I couldn't throw away such a cute hat, so it resides on the shelf next to all my others.

2 comments:

hmaricle said...

Nice hat :) I can't wait to see all the hats you make while I am gone.

Heidi

Adelheide said...

Hats are so last week! Now I'm starting my own pattern line. The AutoCAD sure does come in handy.

I'll miss you...
~Heidi