May 15, 2009

A Gallimaufry

Gallimaufry: –noun, plural. Chiefly Literary. 1. a hodgepodge; jumble; confused medley.

For the last week I've had the most delicious project - an 1850's round gown for a friend and fellow museum worker. She brought me a pile of goodies which included this Laughing Moon round dress pattern, reproduction fabric, and a miscellany of other oddments. What a fun thing to be working on between classes!



My Truly Victorian hat arrived today. (it seems to have disappeared from the website, perhaps they have discontinued it) I have plans to decorate it to wear with the 1880's gown. Hopefully above mentioned friend, and hat cognoscente will help me. :)



And last but not least, TheNimbleThimble will be stocking a little bit of handmade jewelry in the next few days. The shop might not always include jewelry, but keep checking for newly listed items!


Have a fabulous weekend, and a blessed Sunday
~Adelheide

No comments: