April 01, 2009

Potholders

Last week I did a lot of things, I did not however get to everything on my list. That is okay with me though. President Eisenhower once said, "In preparing for battle I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensable." Such was the case with the list I made.

~On Sunday I sewed potholders. We did not really need potholders, but I sewed eight of them just the same. Now we have potholders hanging on every hook in the kitchen.

~On Monday I sewed the lowest priority item on my list, a summer dress for myself. The pattern I used was one that I previously made and got stuck in. I had to seam rip myself from the dress, and my friend in the other room was worried by all the grunting and groaning she was hearing. This time the pattern fit a little better.

~On Tuesday my Sister and I worked on her jacket. However, we had to order fabric online, so that project is still in limbo.

~On Wednesday and Thursday I made the 1880's chemisette. We found that it makes an interesting fashion statement worn over a plain black shirt.

~On Friday I made a chemise. One can never have too many chemises right? Right?

I hope that you, my friends, had a blessed spring break also. By chance, would you like any potholders?

1 comment:

SisterlyLove said...

They are so pretty! You should put some in your Etsy shop. :)

I'm glad you got to be spontaneous. It was lovely sewing with you!

Genevieve