April 10, 2009

A Regency Apron

I apologize for disappearing for awhile. Lots of things are coming out of my sewing room, however I lack time now to photograph them. So you'll have to wait a little bit longer to see my newest creations.

I've decided for next week (or month) to post about some of my old favorites. Projects that I've already made and photographed. I figure it will buy me some time while I try and get pictures of the new stuff :)


Today I will share my Regency apron. It looks quite similar to these worn by Molly Gibson in Wives and Daughters. The pattern/inspiration was found here at Across the Ages. Mine is made from a beautiful heavily woven beige cotton and four wooden buttons. The material has a slight stretch to it, and I wish I had 5 more yards of this fabric-there are so many things I'd like to do with it.

This apron is a wonderfully easy project, and I'm sure it can be easily customized.

If you too are looking for post ideas, how about you join me? Dig out one of your old projects and share it with us, it doesn't matter how old. Then if you want to be really nice, link to it here!

~Happy Sewing~

2 comments:

SisterlyLove said...

I LOVE your apron! I should make one of those!

I followed your example and posted about something that I finished a few months ago. :) You can read it here if you like:

http://3sistersofgrace.blogspot.com/2009/04/lovely-adelhiede-of-garret-corner-and.html

I tried to link back to this post but I can't figure out how to do it because you didn't put a title on it. :) But, I did link back to your blog. :)
Happy Easter!
Genevieve

SisterlyLove said...

Oh I forgot to say that your apron reminds me of this

"You must miss him, Elinor!"
"We are not engaged mama."

:) Does it button or tie in the back?

Genevieve