February 09, 2009

A Stroll about the Garden

How delighted I am to see you my friend, shall we take a turn about the garden? It’s refreshing, is it not after sitting so long in one attitude?

Oh excuse me for walking so slow, I was just admiring the general splendor.


Now this flower certainly complements your fine eyes.

The glories of nature. What are men compared to rocks and mountains

They are much to be pitied who have not been given a taste for nature early in life.


You must see this sculpture; it never ceases to give me pleasure.
Laugh as much as you choose, but you will not laugh me out of my opinion.

My dear, there is no need to hide. The gardener will not be bothered by us.
Shall we sit for a spell in this recess?
To sit in the shade on a fine day, and look upon verdure is the most perfect refreshment.
We must go on now, I’m very fond of walking.
Look here, we are drawing near the house.

Is it not pleasing?


You are too kind in your flattery. May I ask whether these pleasing attentions proceed from the impulse of the moment, or are they the result of previous study?
It was a delightful visit—perfect, in being much too short.




(written by Heidi, with help from Jane Austen) (photos from the lovely Herrenhausen Gardens in Hannover Germany)

3 comments:

hmaricle said...

Are all young ladies so achomplished?

Anna Kristine said...

Oooh...that garden is AMAZING! :) And I love all the Jane Austen quotes...hee hee
She's brilliant. :)

SisterlyLove said...

Beautiful! A pleasure to look at and read! =]
~Marguerite