February 18, 2009

Lovelies

There is a stack of lovelies sitting on my bedside table right now. They all came from my college library which I have fondly dubbed the Bodleian after this amazing place. Sometimes I choose books just based on their covers. Silly I know, but surely you can understand after looking at these.


On top of the stack, German Poems 1800-1850. Slow reading, but look at the beautiful text.


In the middle, The Best Known Works of Henry Ibsen. I couldn't resist, remembering a line from one of my favorite books: "Amatoor dramatics, sir. There's a club of us, rehearses parts whenever we come across one another. It's an Ibsen play, Do you know it?" ~A Monstrous Regiment of Women by Laurie R. King.

And of course on the bottom a book I check out frequently, The Cut of Women's Clothes by Norah Waugh. Very inspiring.

2 comments:

Hannah said...

Neato! I think the bottom book looks quite interesting :)

SisterlyLove said...

Ooh lovely! I love well worn books.
Those German poems look cool!
~Marguerite